How to install a firmware update on Behringer WING
With a USB-Stick
The console has to be on firmware version 1.06 or higher, for this update method to work. If your console runs version 1.05 or earlier, use the alternative method.
- Download the firmware update from behringer.com and store it on a FAT formatted USB stick
- Connect the USB stick to the top panel USB port of WING
- Open the SETUP page and tap on the Console Update icon near the bottom right corner of the display
- A file browser will appear on the screen, and you can navigate to where the firmware update is located
- Select the correct firmware update file and tap on UPDATE
- After installing the update is completed, you will be prompted to reboot the console
- The console can be rebooted by power cycling, or by selecting SETUP/SHUTDOWN and holding the SETUP button while pressing the HOME button.
- Verify the update was successful by comparing the firmware version number in the bottom right corner of the Setup screen
With a connected computer
- Connect a USB cable to the rear panel USB port and to your computer.
- Either hold the blank button on the main display during power-up or open the SETUP/GLOBAL Edit page in order to enable OS ACCESS.
- A drive icon will appear on your computer, like connecting a flash drive or external hard drive. Double click the drive to open.
- Extract the firmware zip file and drag/copy the new firmware file into the WING OS drive.
- After copying is completed, please eject the WING OS drive from your PC.
- WING should reboot automatically a few seconds after ejecting the drive. If it doesn’t, please power cycle the console, and verify the correct firmware version on the lower right corner of the SETUP screen.